Punjab News, July 22, 2020 : Bharti Foundation, the philanthropic arm of Bharti Enterprises proudly announced the remarkable achievement of students of Satya Bharti Adarsh Senior Secondary Schools located in rural Punjab in the Class XII and X CBSE Board Examinations. The success of these children becomes special as most of them come from weak economic background and parents are primarily engaged as daily wage earners.
For Class XII, with an overall pass percentage of 96.89 % which is higher than the national pass percentage of 88.78 %. Out of 225 students, 32 secured 90% and above, and 218 students passed in first division. Class X students’ outerformed the national CBSE aveage of 91.46% by achieving a pass percentage of 99.25%, with 270 out of 400 students in the first division, 189 of them being girls.
These students, especially the girls, who outshined CBSE national average with 97.74% pass percentage for class XII and 100% for Class X, withstood various social and economic pressures. The teachers and the Principals have been committed and dedicated to ensure that the children, despite their socio-economic backgrounds, get an equal opportunity towards achieving their aspirations.
Ms. Gurpreet Kaur, Class XII humanities student of Satya Bharti Adarsh Sr. Sec. School, Jhaneri secured the highest marks among all these schools’ students with 487 out of 500 (97.4%) whereas Ms Sehajpreet Kaur, Class X student from Satya Bharti Adarsh Sr. Sec. School, Rauni, secured highest among the schools’ students with 473 out of 500 marks (94.6%).
Congratulating the students and teachers, Ms. Mamta Saikia, CEO, Bharti Foundation said, “The success of Class XII students is always special as they fight against every odd to deliver the stellar performance. Their success is the reinforcement of our belief that changes can be brought in rural India by ensuring access to quality education. I congratulate each and every students as well as teachers for the outstanding performance, thank the community for consistently supporting our schools.”
Currently 183 Satya Bharti Schools are operational across villages of Punjab, Rajasthan, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and West Bengal. Of the 183 schools, 178 schools are primary/elementary schools and five schools are senior secondary schools run in public-private partnership mode under Punjab Government’s Adarsh Scheme.
The Satya Bharti Schools provide quality education to children in rural India, most of who are first generation learners. Keeping this in mind, the school curriculum has been designed to help children understand what they are being taught. Encompassing both classroom as well as out-of-class activities, the program aims to develop students holistically by inculcating in them attitudes, values and life-skills that will hold them in good stead later in life. While innovative Teaching Learning Material (TLM) enhances their classroom experience, special programs like Physical Education Curriculum (PEC) are used to make outdoor learning more meaningful. Other interventions like the English Phonics Program and use of education software, aid the delivery of English and computer education.
- Overall pass percentage of Satya Bharti Adarsh School (Class XII) is 96.89 % and (Class X) is 99.26%, as compared to the CBSE national pass percentage of 88.78% and 91.46% of class XII and X respectively. The pass percentage of Chandigarh region of Class XII and X is 92.04% and 91.83% respectively.
- The schools are located in rural areas of Punjab where children primarily come from challenging socio-economic backgrounds.
- Overall girls pass percentage is 97.74% for Class XII and 100% for Class X, as compared to the CBSE national average of 92.15% and 93.31% of Class XII and X respectively.
- For Class XII, the highest subject-wise marks among the Satya Bharti Adarsh Schools’ students are Beauty & Wellness (100), Retail (100), Business Studies (99), Economics ( 98), English (98), Punjabi (98), IT (98), Physical Education (97), History (96) and Accountancy (95).
- Of the 400 students of Class X who appeared for the exam, the highest subject-wise marks are Punjabi (100), IT ( 100), Social Studies (99), Retail ( 99), English (98), Science (95) and Mathematics- Basic(95).
- Ms. Gurpreet Kaur (Class XII – Humanities student from Satya Bharti Adarsh Sr. Sec. School, Jhaneri, Punjab) has scored the highest among all Satya Bharti Adarsh Schools’ students with an overall percentage of 97.4%.
- Ms Sehajpreet Kaur (Class X student from Satya Bharti Adarsh Sr. Sec. School, Rauni, Punjab) secured highest marks among the schools’ students with 94.6%.